The Arkansas State Red Wolves (15-14, 7-11 SBC) travel to Cajun Dome to square off against the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (11-17, 6-11 SBC). The Red Wolves will attempt to snap their seven-game losing streak. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Ragin’ Cajuns were beaten by the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 83-77, while the Red Wolves lost a close one to the Little Rock Trojans, 81-78.
Arkansas State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 28.2) while Louisiana had a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 17.4). Louisiana’s Jalen Johnson played well, putting up 15 points and nine rebounds. Marquis Eaton, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Arkansas State with 27 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Eaton led the Red Wolves to a 79-67 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 24 points. One of Arkansas State’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 41 free throw attempts, while Louisiana had 30.
It will be a showdown of opposite styles as the up-and-down Ragin’ Cajuns (ranked 70th in the country in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Red Wolves (257th in possessions per game).
Arkansas State vs. Louisiana ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Louisiana, ATS Winner – Louisiana, O/U – Under
- Louisiana ranks 88th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while Arkansas State ranks 288th (16.9).
- The Red Wolves rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while the Ragin’ Cajuns rank 65th (2.9).
- Arkansas State averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 106th in the country. Louisiana ranks 161st in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Red Wolves rank 69th in assists per game (14.3) while the Ragin’ Cajuns rank 242nd (11.1).
- Louisiana ranks 137th in rebounds per game (35.9) while Arkansas State ranks 263rd (32.6).
- The Red Wolves’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ragin’ Cajuns have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (6.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.4 points per game (5.4 above their season average).