The Eastern Michigan Eagles (2-0) will be at home in Convocation Center when they meet the Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-1). Eastern Michigan is an 8.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 146 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles Betting Preview
In the Red Wolves last matchup, they beat the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 83-69. Deven Simms was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 9-for-11 shooting. Arkansas State played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 and a free throw rate of 0.400. For those same stats, Abilene Christian had marks of 22.2 and 0.327, respectively.
The Eagles will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Michigan-Dearborn Wolves in their last game, 97-73. With 27 points on 10-for-14 shooting, Elijah Minnie was the games leading scorer. Eastern Michigan dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.238 and a turnover percentage of 13.4. For those same stats, Michigan-Dearborn put up marks of 0.043 and 17.4, respectively.
Arkansas State could struggle to create turnovers. Since the 2016-17 season, Eastern Michigan ranks 51st in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while Arkansas State has forced the 157th-most turnovers (19.3 percent).
Since last season, the Red Wolves have had records of 21-13 straight up (SU) and 16-12 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Arkansas State games since last season with 15 unders compared to 13 overs.
The Eagles have had a respectable 18-17 SU record since last season, but have had trouble covering the spread (10-16 ATS). Just over half of Eastern Michigans games have finished over the projected point total over that same time frame.
Arkansas State Red Wolves at Eastern Michigan Eagles Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arkansas State, ATS Winner – Arkansas State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Wolves rank 127th in assists allowed per game (12.9) while the Eagles rank 280th (15.3).
- Arkansas State averages 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 129th in the nation. Eastern Michigan ranks 219th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Eastern Michigan ranks third in steals per game (9.9) while Arkansas State ranks 224th (5.5).
- The Eagles rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Red Wolves rank 209th (3.9).
- Arkansas State ranks 58th in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while Eastern Michigan ranks 228th (22.5).