A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the 25th-ranked Syracuse Orange (7-4) when they clash against the Arkansas State Red Wolves (5-6) at Carrier Dome. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018, and can be seen on ACC Network.
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Syracuse Orange ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Orange dismantled the Eastern Washington Eagles, 66-34, while the Red Wolves were blown out by the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 94-73.
Syracuse dominated every facet of the contest. They had a free throw rate of 0.242 and a turnover percentage of 11.9. Eastern Washington was 0.034 and 23.3, respectively, for those same stats. Arkansas State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (18.7 vs. 20.8). Oshae Brissett played well for Syracuse with 20 points and eight rebounds. Arkansas State rallied around Ty Cockfield II, who had 24 points and six assists.
The aggressive Syracuse offense could be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this showdown. The Orange rank 33rd in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.295, while Arkansas State is among the country’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 337th-ranked FTA rate of 0.331).
Arkansas State Red Wolves at Syracuse Orange Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Syracuse, O/U – Over
- Arkansas State ranks 59th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while Syracuse ranks 249th (27.6).
- The Orange rank 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Red Wolves rank 65th (3.1).
- The Red Wolves average 39.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 49th in the NCAA. The Orange rank 176th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- Syracuse ranks 36th in steals per game (8.1) while Arkansas State ranks 102nd (6.5).
- The Red Wolves’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 2.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Orange have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (3.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average).