The No. 13 Tennessee Volunteers (24-7, 14-5 SEC) and the Arkansas Razorbacks (23-10, 12-8 SEC) square off in the Southeastern Conference Tourney at Scottrade Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:25 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Tennessee Volunteers Free Preview
The last time the Razorbacks played, they were victorious over the No. 23 Florida Gators, 80-72. Jaylen Barford was the games high scorer with 27 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Arkansas played a perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 28.7) and a free throw rate of 0.267 (above their season average of 0.249). For those same stats, Florida was 21.6 and 0.150, respectively.
The Volunteers hope to keep it rolling after narrowly defeating the Mississippi State Bulldogs in their last game, 62-59. Tennessee was lifted by Lamonte Turner, who led the team in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Tennessee played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 48.9 (above their season average of 32.3) and a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.275). Mississippi State recorded marks of 26.3 and 0.250, respectively, for those same stats.
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Tennessee in this meeting. The Volunteers currently rank 60th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.0 percent), while Arkansas ranks 298th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.6 percent). Moreover, the 35th-ranked offense of the Razorbacks (offensive efficiency of 113.5) will go head-to-head against the 37th-ranked defense of the Volunteers (defensive efficiency of 98.0).
Admiral Schofield has really been playing well over the last five games for Tennessee, averaging 19.8 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Razorbacks won 95-93. The Razorbacks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.344 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.607. The Volunteers were 0.254 and 0.528, respectively, for those same stats. Barford had a standout performance in the victory, putting up 28 points and five rebounds.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Tennessee Volunteers ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Over
- The Volunteers rank 104th in rebounds per game (36.5) while the Razorbacks rank 196th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Arkansas ranks 11th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Tennessee ranks 80th (5.7).
- Tennessee ranks 75th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while Arkansas ranks 264th (24.3).
- The Volunteers rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (11.0) while the Razorbacks rank 148th (13.5).
- Tennessee ranks 38th in blocks per game (4.5) while Arkansas ranks 153rd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Volunteers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 7.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (1.7 below their season average).