SEC foes will battle when the Alabama Crimson Tide (17-11, 8-7 SEC) meet the Arkansas Razorbacks (19-9, 8-7 SEC) at Coleman Coliseum. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Free Preview
In the Razorbacks last outing, they were beaten by the Kentucky Wildcats, 87-72. With 26 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Daryl Macon was the games high scorer. Kentucky had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 35.5). Arkansas, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.3 vs. 12.7).
The Crimson Tide are trying to rebound after their 90-71 loss to the No. 12 Auburn Tigers in their last contest. Collin Sexton was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Auburn had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 14.5). Alabama, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.548 vs. 0.515).
The aggressive Alabama offense might be living from the charity stripe in this showdown. The Crimson Tide rank 56th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.279, while Arkansas ranks 318th in FTA rate allowed (0.293). Furthermore, the sweet-shooting offense of the Razorbacks ranks 55th in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while the Crimson Tide are 21st-best in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.466).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Razorbacks won the sole contest played against each other last season, 87-68. The Razorbacks 13.3 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Crimson Tide, who had a rate of 22.0.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – Alabama, O/U – Over
- The Crimson Tide rank 110th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Razorbacks rank 214th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- Arkansas ranks 214th in three pointers attempted per game (20.2) while Alabama ranks 232nd (19.4).
- Arkansas ranks 15th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Alabama ranks 154th (6.7).
- The Crimson Tide rank seventh in blocks per game (5.9) while the Razorbacks rank 120th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Alabama ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Arkansas ranks 156th (13.7).
- The Crimson Tide’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (6.6 below their season average).