The UCLA Bruins (18-11, 11-5 Pac-12) wrap up their home schedule at Pauley Pavilion against the Arizona Wildcats (19-9, 9-6 Pac-12). Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN.
Arizona Wildcats vs. UCLA Bruins Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bruins won a close one over the Arizona State Sun Devils, 75-72, while the Wildcats fell to the USC Trojans, 57-48.
The Bruins had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 34.7), while the Sun Devils had a free throw rate of 0.175 (below their season average of 0.224). Arizona, on the other hand, held USC to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 31.4). Tyger Campbell had a solid performance for UCLA, recording 10 points, 14 assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Arizona rallied around Zeke Nnaji, who had 15 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Chris Smith led the Bruins to a 65-52 victory. He scored a game-high 15 points. UCLA launched 17 three pointers, making nine of them (52.9 percent), while Arizona was 6-23 (26.1 percent).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of UCLA. UCLA ranks 257th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.1 percent), while the pesky defense of Arizona forces the 86th-most turnovers in the country (20.8 percent). Additionally, the Wildcats, who rank 43rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.273), could earn plenty of trips to the line against the Bruins, who rank 283rd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.264).
Arizona at UCLA Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Arizona, ATS Winner – Arizona, O/U – Over
- Arizona ranks 27th in assists per game (15.3) while UCLA ranks 132nd (13.2).
- The Wildcats rank 199th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while the Bruins rank 252nd (18.6).
- Arizona blocks 3.7 opponent shots per game, which ranks 78th in the country. UCLA ranks 80th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Bruins rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while the Wildcats rank 93rd (33.6).
- Arizona ranks sixth in steals allowed per game (4.5) while UCLA ranks 66th (5.8).
- The Bruins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 2.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.0 points per game (4.0 below their season average).