The North Carolina State Wolfpack (4-0) and the No. 2 Arizona Wildcats (3-0) square off in the Battle 4 Atlantis at Imperial Arena at Atlantis Resort. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Arizona Wildcats vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Free Preview
The Wildcats had no trouble getting past the Bakersfield Roadrunners in their last outing, 91-59. With 18 points and 10 rebounds, Arizonas Deandre Ayton had a good performance. Arizona dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.571 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.643. Bakersfield put up marks of 0.164 and 0.402, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Wolfpack played, they blew out the Presbyterian Blue Hose, 86-68. With 23 points on 9-for-12 shooting, Lennard Freeman was the games high scorer. The Wolfpack forced 22 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.311 (above their season average of 0.299).
This game should be a matchup of opposite paces. North Carolina State ranks 68th in possessions per game (72.2) while Arizona is 307th (66.5) since the 2016-17 season. Also, the Wildcats rank 12th in offensive efficiency (117.5), while the Wolfpack rank 284th in defensive efficiency (108.5).
Arizona Wildcats vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina State, ATS Winner – North Carolina State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wolfpack rank 226th in three pointers attempted per game (19.6) while the Wildcats rank 302nd (17.1).
- Arizona ranks 48th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while North Carolina State ranks 65th (2.9).
- Arizona ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.6) while North Carolina State ranks 192nd (35.8).
- The Wildcats rank 14th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Wolfpack rank 160th (6.3).
- Arizona ranks 123rd in assists allowed per game (12.7) while North Carolina State ranks 227th (14.0).