The Arizona Wildcats (16-7, 6-4 Pac-12) will be at Haas Pavilion to square off with the California Golden Bears (10-13, 4-6 Pac-12) in a Pac-12 matchup. Action begins at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Arizona Wildcats at California Golden Bears Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Golden Bears fell to the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 60-45, while the Wildcats were defeated by the UCLA Bruins, 65-52.
Arizona forced UCLA into a turnover percentage of 26.4 (above their season average of 16.7) while California held Utah to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.7 (below their season average of 29.8). California received a boost from Matt Bradley, who contributed 13 points and seven rebounds. Zeke Nnaji played a key role for Arizona with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
The Wildcats dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last matchup, Arizona won 76-51. Arizona’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over California. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.591 while the Golden Bears posted a mark of 0.357. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
California might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the nation’s best defenses. Arizona ranks 41st in defensive efficiency while the Golden Bears rank 312th in offensive efficiency. Ball protection should be an advantage for the Wildcats. They rank 17th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.0 percent). Conversely, the Golden Bears force the 89th-fewest turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 18.0 percent).
Arizona Wildcats vs. California Golden Bears ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Arizona, ATS Winner – California, O/U – Under
- Arizona ranks 22nd in assists per game (15.8) while California ranks 264th (9.3).
- The Wildcats rank 199th in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while the Golden Bears rank 293rd (14.6).
- Arizona averages 3.7 blocks per game, which is ranked 76th in the country. California ranks 103rd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Wildcats rank 71st in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Golden Bears rank 257th (32.7).
- Arizona ranks 108th in steals per game (6.7) while California ranks 253rd (4.0).
- During their last five games, the Golden Bears have scored an average of 60.6 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (2.9 below their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 12.9 for the season.