The Colorado Buffaloes (9-6, 1-2 Pac-12) will attempt to snap the nine-game winning streak of Arizona when they welcome the No. 14 Wildcats (12-3, 2-0 Pac-12) to Coors Events Center. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Arizona Wildcats vs. Colorado Buffaloes Free Preview
In the Wildcats last game, they were victorious over the Utah Runnin Utes, 94-82. Deandre Ayton was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Arizona dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 42.4 (above their season average of 32.2) and a free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.296). Utah had marks of 11.1 and 0.305, respectively, for those same stats.
The Buffaloes hope to maintain momentum after defeating the No. 4 Arizona State Sun Devils in their last contest, 90-81. Colorado rallied around George King, who recorded 18 points and nine rebounds. Colorado dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.344 (above their season average of 0.250) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.531 (above their season average of 0.504). Arizona State put up marks of 0.240 and 0.420, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a matchup of opposite tempos as the fast-breaking Buffaloes (ranked 67th in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Wildcats (201st in possessions per game).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Wildcats won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last game, Arizona won 92-78. Arizona had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.648 vs. 0.459). Colorado, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (24.3 vs. 20.0).
Arizona Wildcats at Colorado Buffaloes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Over
- Arizona ranks 12th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Colorado ranks 115th (34.5).
- The Buffaloes rank 149th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while the Wildcats rank 241st (18.2).
- Arizona ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.6) while Colorado ranks 128th (3.1).
- The Buffaloes have been outscored by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Colorado has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 84.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (3.4 below their season average).