Expect a fast-paced game when the Arizona State Sun Devils (13-5, 4-2 Pac-12) travel to UCLA to take on the Bruins (10-8, 3-2 Pac-12). The game begins at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. UCLA Bruins Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Bruins fell to the USC Trojans, 80-67, while the Sun Devils beat the Oregon Ducks, 78-64.
The Sun Devils made 17 of their 21 free throws (81.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.622 (above their season average of 0.500). UCLA, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.6 vs. 24.3). UCLA received a boost from Kris Wilkes, who recorded 13 points and nine rebounds. Zylan Cheatham fueled Arizona State with 17 points and nine rebounds.
The Sun Devils won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 88-79. Arizona State was successful at getting and making free throws. The Sun Devils made 25 of their 28 free throws (89.3 percent), while the Bruins were 11-12 (91.7 percent). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this matchup that showcases two of the country’s more up-tempo teams. UCLA currently ranks 27th in possessions per game (75.0) and Arizona State is 58th (72.9).
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. UCLA Bruins Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Ucla, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Under
- Arizona State ranks eighth in rebounds per game (41.8) while UCLA ranks 207th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- The Bruins rank 24th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Sun Devils rank 103rd (3.3).
- Arizona State averages 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 126th in the country. UCLA ranks 171st in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Sun Devils rank 104th in assists per game (14.2) while the Bruins rank 238th in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- UCLA ranks 147th in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while Arizona State ranks 257th in three pointers allowed per game (26.4).
- The Sun Devils’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 82.0 points per game (4.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (4.1 above their season average).