The Arizona State Sun Devils (11-4, 2-1 Pac-12) will be at Maples Pavilion to go head-to-head against the Stanford Cardinal (7-8, 0-3 Pac-12) in a Pac-12 matchup. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019, and can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Stanford Cardinal ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Cardinal lost to the Arizona Wildcats, 75-70, while the Sun Devils beat the California Golden Bears, 80-66.
Arizona State played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 15.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.542 (above their season average of 0.498). California was 17.2 and 0.462, respectively, for those same stats. Stanford, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.300 (above their season average of 0.248). Stanford was led by KZ Okpala, who put up 29 points and six rebounds. Remy Martin played a key role for Arizona State with 24 points and eight assists.
The Cardinal dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the last game, Stanford won 84-83. Stanford’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Cardinal had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. four), defensive rebounds (33 vs. 19) and total rebounds (45 vs. 23). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Okpala has been playing at a high level as of late for Stanford, averaging 18 points,7.4 rebounds,1.2 steals over the last five games.
Stanford might have trouble putting up points as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Arizona State ranks 98th in defensive efficiency while the Cardinal rank 272nd in offensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Sun Devils, who rank 47th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 percent), will attempt to exploit the Cardinal, who rank 280th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.1 percent).
Arizona State Sun Devils at Stanford Cardinal ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Under
- Stanford ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (15.8) while Arizona State ranks 230th (26.2).
- The Cardinal rank 40th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while the Sun Devils rank 94th (12.5).
- Arizona State averages 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 112th in the NCAA. Stanford ranks 128th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Sun Devils average 42.5 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the country. The Cardinal rank 180th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Stanford ranks 26th in blocks per game (4.9) while Arizona State ranks 89th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- During their last five games, the Cardinal have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.8 points per game (11.6 above their season average).
- The Sun Devils’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 7.3 for the season.