The Kansas State Wildcats (4-0) and the Arizona State Sun Devils (4-0) square off in the Las Vegas Invitational at Orleans Arena. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Kansas State Wildcats Betting Preview
In the Sun Devils last matchup, they easily got past the UC Irvine Anteaters, 99-78. Tra Holder was the top scorer from either team with 35 points on 13-for-15 shooting. Arizona State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.510 (above their season average of 0.302) and a turnover percentage of 13.2 (worse than their season average of 13.2). For those same stats, UC Irvine recorded marks of 0.164 and 21.8, respectively.
The Wildcats will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks in their last contest, 80-58. With 20 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Barry Brown was the games high scorer. The Wildcats forced 31 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.523).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Kansas State should have a considerable edge. Since last season, the Wildcats offense ranks 93rd in that metric at 0.527, while the Arizona State defense ranks 333rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.545). Furthermore, the Sun Devils have committed the third-fewest errors in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 14.5 percent), while the gambling defense of the Wildcats has caused the 14th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 23.1 percent).
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Kansas State Wildcats Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas State, ATS Winner – Kansas State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 18th in steals per game (8.1) while the Sun Devils rank 166th (6.1).
- Kansas State ranks 118th in blocks per game (3.6) while Arizona State ranks 201st in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Kansas State averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 64th in the nation. Arizona State ranks 312th in assists allowed per game (18.6).
- The Wildcats rank 69th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while the Sun Devils rank 313th (39.2).
- Kansas State ranks 61st in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Arizona State ranks 299th (25.2).