The Arizona State Sun Devils (19-8, 10-5 Pac-12) visit Pauley Pavilion to go head-to-head against the UCLA Bruins (17-11, 10-5 Pac-12). Both teams will look to extend their winning streaks. The Sun Devils have won their last seven games, while the Bruins have won five consecutive games. The game will air on Pac-12 Network at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. UCLA Bruins ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bruins were victorious over the 18th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes 70-63, while the Sun Devils barely escaped the Oregon State Beavers 74-73.
The Sun Devils knocked down 15 of their 20 free throws (75.0 percent), while the Beavers had a turnover percentage of 20.6 (above their season average of 15.1). The Bruins, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 17.2) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.561 (above their season average of 0.491). UCLA rallied around Tyger Campbell, who contributed 15 points and 11 assists. Kimani Lawrence, meanwhile fueled Arizona State with 14 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Verge Jr. led the Sun Devils to an 84-66 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 26 points. Arizona State’s 0.621 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over UCLA, who had a rate of 0.440.
It could be a sloppy game for the UCLA offense. UCLA ranks 246th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Arizona State forces the 39th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.4 percent). Contrasting styles will be on display in this battle. The up-and-down Sun Devils rank 34th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Bruins rank 304th.
Arizona State Sun Devils at UCLA Bruins Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Ucla, ATS Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Under
- UCLA ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while Arizona State ranks 239th (37.8).
- The Sun Devils rank 47th in steals per game (7.8) while the Bruins rank 100th (6.8).
- UCLA averages 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 105th in the country. Arizona State ranks 147th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Sun Devils rank 143rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Bruins rank 259th (18.5).
- UCLA ranks 143rd in assists per game (13.1) while Arizona State ranks 238th (11.1).
- The Bruins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 2.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sun Devils have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (1.2 above their season average).