It figures to be a low-scoring affair as the Arizona State Sun Devils (15-8, 6-5 Pac-12) travel to Stanford to play the Cardinal (16-7, 5-5 Pac-12). Action begins at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Stanford Cardinal ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Cardinal were beaten by the 24th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes, 81-74, while the Sun Devils won a close one over the USC Trojans, 66-64.
Arizona State played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.4 (worse than their season average of 15.7) and a free throw rate of 0.239 (above their season average of 0.216). USC was 27.8 and 0.182, respectively, for those same stats. Stanford, meanwhile, held Colorado to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 31.5). Jaiden Delaire had a good game for Stanford, putting up 19 points. Arizona State, meanwhile, received a boost from Remy Martin, who recorded 22 points and five rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Sun Devils won the last contest 80-62. Arizona State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.606 vs. 0.393). Stanford, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.9 vs. 16.9). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Baskets could be hard to come by in this battle between two of the country’s premier defenses. Stanford currently ranks seventh in defensive efficiency (88.5) and Arizona State is 53rd (94.3).
Arizona State vs. Stanford ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Under
- Stanford ranks 134th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while Arizona State ranks 269th (38.9).
- The Sun Devils rank 44th in steals per game (8.0) while the Cardinal rank 113th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Cardinal rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (10.2) while the Sun Devils rank 116th (12.2).
- Stanford ranks 55th in blocks per game (4.1) while Arizona State ranks 143rd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- During their last five games, the Cardinal have scored an average of 62.6 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (4.2 above their season average).
- The Sun Devils’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 4.3 for the season.