The Arizona Coyotes, led by Taylor Hall and Nick Schmaltz, are ready to take the ice against Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Connor Brown, and the Ottawa Senators at Canadian Tire Centre in an East-West tilt. The game will get underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, and fans at home can watch the game live on Fox Sports Arizona.
Arizona Coyotes at Ottawa Senators Odds
Ottawa (+125) is currently the underdog to Arizona (-145), and the oddsmakers have put the Over/Under (O/U) at an even 6 goals. The line for betting that total stands at -125 for the under and +105 for the over.
Arizona is 28-31 straight up (SU) and has lost 7.2 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 59 regular season matches, 32 of its games have gone under the total, while 26 have gone over and just one has pushed. The Coyotes are 15-16 SU as the road team in 2019-20.
Arizona has converted on 18.8 percent of its power play chances this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked ninth overall, and it’s successfully killed off 82.8 percent of all penalties..
With a .915 save percentage and 27.6 saves per game, Antti Raanta (11-16-3) has been the top option in goal for Arizona this year. If head coach Rick Tocchet decides to rest him, however, the team may turn to Darcy Kuemper (15-10-2), who has a .929 save percentage and 2.17 goals against average this year.
On the other side of the ice, Ottawa is 18-38 straight up (SU) and has lost 14.3 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 56 regular season outings, 30 of its games have gone over the total, while 25 have gone under and just one has pushed. The team is 12-16 SU at home this year.
The Senators have converted on just 14.7 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that places them in the bottom overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 19th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 79.1 percent of all opponent power plays.
Craig Anderson has stopped 26.0 shots per game as the primary option in goal for the Senators. Anderson has seven wins, 18 losses, and two OT losses to his credit and has maintained a fairly-weak .899 save percentage and 3.27 goals against average this season.
Arizona Coyotes at Ottawa Senators Betting Predictions
Prediction: SU Winner – Senators, O/U – Under
- Over Ottawa’s last ten outings, seven of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 2-5 in those games).
- Power plays and penalty kills could prove to be even more key than usual in this game. The Coyotes are 10-17 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 22-26 when they serve fewer than 10 penalty minutes, in total. The Senators are 5-16 when they serve fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 9-18 when their penalty minutes are in the single digits.
- Arizona is 5-4 in games decided by a shootout this season while Ottawa is 0-5 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in four of Ottawa’s last five games.
- Arizona skaters have averaged 11.6 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 8.8 giveaways per game (ranked ninth overall).
- Ottawa is ranked 21st this season with 10.7 giveaways per game. That figure has trended lower, however, as it’s averaged 9.8 giveaways over its last 10 games and 9.0 giveaways over its last five.
- The Senators this season have tallied the third-most hits in the league (27.5 per game).