The Michigan Wolverines welcome the Appalachian State Mountaineers to Crisler Center to get their seasons going. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Michigan Wolverines Betting Odds
Following a 24-5 regular season campaign, Michigan went to the tournament as a two seed in the tournament last season. They reached the Sweet 16, where the Texas Tech Red Raiders defeated them. Appalachian State, meanwhile, did not reach the tournament following an 11-17 regular season.
Appalachian State could have a tough time creating turnovers. In the 2018-19 season, Michigan ranked fifth in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.1 percent), while Appalachian State forced the 211th-most turnovers (18.2 percent). This game should be a battle of opposite paces. The up-tempo Mountaineers ranked 26th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Wolverines ranked 343rd.
Appalachian State at Michigan Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Michigan, ATS Winner – Michigan, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Michigan ranks second in steals allowed per game (4.0) while Appalachian State ranks 218th (7.0).
- The Wolverines rank second in three pointers allowed per game (16.8) while the Mountaineers rank 77th (20.6).
- Michigan blocks 4.0 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 73rd in the NCAA. Appalachian State ranks 104th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Wolverines rank 119th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3) while the Mountaineers rank 258th (37.1).
- Michigan ranks 13th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while Appalachian State ranks 152nd (13.1).