The Appalachian State Mountaineers (12-17, 7-9 SBC) will travel to Jack Stephens Center to clash against the Little Rock Trojans (6-22, 3-12 SBC) in their home finale. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Appalachian State Mountaineers at Little Rock Trojans Betting Preview
The last time the Mountaineers played, they lost a close one to the Arkansas State Red Wolves, 82-79. With 32 points on 12-for-22 shooting, Ronshad Shabazz was the games high scorer. Arkansas State had a free throw rate of 0.323 (above their season average of 0.230). Appalachian State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.8 vs. 27.5).
The Trojans are trying to rebound after their 65-60 loss to the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers in their last contest. Ben Marcus was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Coastal Carolina had a free throw rate of 0.451 (above their season average of 0.271). Little Rock, meanwhile, held the Chanticleers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.412 (below their season average of 0.495).
Second-chance points might be few and far between for Little Rock in this showdown. The Trojans rank 197th in offensive rebounding percentage (28.5 percent), while Appalachian State ranks 43rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent). This game should be a showdown of opposite styles. The up-and-down Mountaineers rank 53rd in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Trojans rank 305th.
These teams have already met once this season. The Mountaineers won 72-67. The Mountaineers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 37.3 and an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.9. For those same stats, the Trojans recorded marks of 23.9 and 10.9, respectively. Wadly Mompremier was the games top overall scorer with 16 points.
Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Little Rock Trojans Betting Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Appalachian State, ATS Winner – Appalachian State, O/U – Under
- The Mountaineers rank 96th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Trojans rank 109th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Appalachian State ranks 16th in rebounds per game (39.7) while Little Rock ranks 226th (33.6).
- The Mountaineers rank 37th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while the Trojans rank 217th (20.1).
- Little Rock ranks 34th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Appalachian State ranks 172nd (7.0).
- The Trojans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.2, up from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (7.7 below their season average).