The Appalachian State Mountaineers (14-11, 8-6 SBC) will be at GSU Sports Arena to meet the Georgia State Panthers (16-9, 9-5 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Appalachian State Mountaineers at Georgia State Panthers Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Panthers were victorious over the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks 77-69, while the Mountaineers barely escaped the Texas State Bobcats 60-57.
The Mountaineers had a much better free throw rate (0.260 vs. 0.018) and held the Bobcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.1 (below their season average of 29.6). The Panthers, meanwhile, made 22 of their 25 free throws (88.0 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 13.9 (better than their season average of 16.5). Kane Williams played well for Georgia State with 19 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, O’Showen Williams had a solid performance for Appalachian State, recording 19 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Jalen Thomas led the Panthers to a 69-60 victory. He produced 14 points and six rebounds. Georgia State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.492 vs. 0.397). Appalachian State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.0 vs. 22.2).
It will be a matchup of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Panthers (ranked 29th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Mountaineers (257th in possessions per game).
Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Georgia State Panthers Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Georgia State, ATS Winner – Georgia State, O/U – Over
- Georgia State averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 56th in the country. Appalachian State ranks 194th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- The Mountaineers average 36.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 128th in the country. The Panthers rank 244th in rebounds allowed per game (37.7).
- Appalachian State ranks 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Georgia State ranks 136th (3.8).
- The Panthers average 23.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 102nd in the country. The Mountaineers rank 228th in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- Georgia State ranks 23rd in steals per game (8.4) while Appalachian State ranks 147th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Mountaineers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (5.4 above their season average).