The Appalachian State Mountaineers (14-12, 8-7 SBC) will be at W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse to go head-to-head with the Georgia Southern Eagles (16-10, 10-5 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Georgia Southern Eagles Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Eagles defeated the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, 79-69, while the Mountaineers fell to the Georgia State Panthers, 76-65.
Georgia Southern dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.519 (above their season average of 0.226) and a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 15.1). For those same stats, Coastal Carolina recorded marks of 0.157 and 17.6, respectively. Appalachian State, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (22-28; 78.6 percent). Georgia Southern was led by Isaiah Crawley, who put up 20 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Kendall Lewis had a good outing for Appalachian State, finishing with 24 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Justin Forrest led the Mountaineers to a 74-72 win. He scored a game-high 25 points. The Mountaineers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Eagles. Appalachian State had a rate of 25.0, while Georgia Southern posted a mark of 17.1.
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this battle. Georgia Southern prefers an up-tempo style of play (40th in possessions per game), while Appalachian State likes to grind-it-out (245th in possessions per game).
Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Georgia Southern Eagles Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Georgia Southern, ATS Winner – Georgia Southern, O/U – Under
- Georgia Southern averages 26.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 39th in the country. Appalachian State ranks 222nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Eagles rank 31st in steals per game (8.2) while the Mountaineers rank 139th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Georgia Southern ranks 185th in assists per game (12.3) while Appalachian State ranks 187th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- The Eagles rank 46th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Mountaineers rank 178th (2.3).
- Appalachian State averages 35.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 139th in the nation. Georgia Southern ranks 266th in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 5.2 for the season.