The Anaheim Ducks, led by Ryan Getzlaf and Rickard Rakell, are prepared to take the ice against Johnny Gaudreau, Elias Lindholm, and the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome in a Pacific Division tilt. The opening faceoff will be at 4 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, and it will be televised live on Prime Ticket.
Anaheim Ducks at Calgary Flames Odds
Moneyline odds have not yet been posted for this matchup.
Calgary is 30-30 straight up (SU) and has recorded -7.5 units for moneyline bettors this year. That winning percentage, ranked 3rd in the Pacific Division in this young season, is a regression from the 50-32 record that the team posted during last year’s regular season campaign. Of the team’s 60 games this season, 29 have gone over the total, while 28 have gone under and just three have pushed. The team’s 13-15 SU at home this year.
The Flames have converted on 20.8 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked 11th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 81.9 percent of all penalties.
With a .908 save percentage and 27.8 saves per game, David Rittich (22-21-5) has been the best option in goal for Calgary this year. If Calgary decides to give him a breather, however, the team might turn to Cam Talbot (8-13-13 record, .919 save percentage, 2.70 goals against average).
Anaheim has lost 10.7 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year and is currently 24-34 straight up (SU). 30 of its games have gone over the total, while 26 have gone under the total and just one has pushed. As the road team this season, the Ducks are 12-20 SU.
The Ducks have converted on just 15.0 percent of their power play chances this season, a mark that places them in the bottom-five overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 26th overall and it’s successfully killed off 76.8 percent of all penalties.
John Gibson (27.7 saves per game) has been the main option in the net for Anaheim. Gibson has 17 wins, 26 losses, and four overtime losses to his credit, while registering a .904 save percentage and 2.99 goals against average this year.
Anaheim Ducks vs. Calgary Flames Free Picks
NHL Pick: SU Winner – Flames, O/U – Over
- The Ducks are 6-12 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 13-17 when they serve fewer than 10 total penalty minutes.
- Anaheim is 5-1 in games decided by a shootout this season while Calgary is 6-1 in shootouts.
- Calgary may hold the upper hand if it’s a close one late. The team’s 17-9 in games decided by one goal, while Anaheim is 11-15 in such games.
- For both of these clubs, the game went over the total in each of their last five matchups.
- Anaheim is ranked 17th this season with 10.1 giveaways per game. That figure’s trended down recently, however, as it’s averaged 9.0 giveaways over its last 10 games and 8.4 giveaways over its last five.
- Calgary has averaged 17.6 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 12.0 giveaways per game (ranked 26th).