The American University Eagles (0-2) will travel to Spiro Sports Center to go head-to-head against the Wagner Seahawks (0-1) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
American University Eagles vs. Wagner Seahawks Betting Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they were blown out by the No. 24 West Virginia Mountaineers, 98-64. With 17 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Saeed Nelson led American University in scoring. West Virginia had a much better turnover percentage (8.0 vs. 28.6). American University, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.554 vs. 0.548).
The Seahawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 99-55 loss to the Missouri Tigers in their last game. Blake Francis led Wagner in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Missouris effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Wagner. The Tigers had a rate of 0.809, while the Seahawks posted a mark of 0.382.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Wagner ranks 331st in possessions per game (65.2) and American University is 333rd (65.0) since the 2016-17 season.
The Seahawks won the sole contest against the Eagles last season, 73-65. The Seahawks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.296 and a turnover percentage of 13.4. The Eagles had marks of 0.190 and 16.3, respectively, for those same stats.
American University Eagles vs. Wagner Seahawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wagner, ATS Winner – Wagner, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank sixth in three pointers allowed per game (15.8) while the Seahawks rank 82nd (19.6).
- American University ranks 288th in assists per game (11.3) while Wagner ranks 307th (10.7).
- Wagner ranks 31st in rebounds per game (39.1) while American University ranks 317th (28.7).
- The Eagles rank 83rd in steals per game (6.9) while the Seahawks rank 257th (5.0).
- Wagner ranks 124th in blocks per game (3.5) while American University ranks 239th (2.4).