The Saint Francis U Red Flash (2-3) will be at home in DeGol Arena when they go head-to-head with the American University Eagles (2-3). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
American University Eagles at Saint Francis U Red Flash Free Preview
The Eagles beat the VMI Keydets in their last outing, 69-64. Laurynas Motuzis was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 9-for-17 shooting. American University dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.348 (above their season average of 0.240) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (above their season average of 0.488). For those same stats, VMI was 0.232 and 0.455, respectively.
In the Red Flash’s last game, they were topped by the No. 19 Louisville Cardinals, 84-72. Keith Braxton was the games high scorer with 25 points on 10-for-18 shooting. Louisville had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 15.4). Saint Francis U, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (12-17; 70.6 percent).
Contrasting paces will be on display in this battle. Saint Francis U ranks 92nd in possessions per game (71.5) while American University is 337th (65.0) dating back to last season. Furthermore, the Eagles, who rank 326th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.200), will face off against the Red Flash, who rank sixth in opponents’ FTA rate (0.172).
The Red Flash won the only contest against the Eagles last season, 69-62. The Red Flash played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2 and a solid free throw rate of 0.286. The Eagles put up marks of 8.6 and 0.241, respectively, for those same stats.
American University Eagles at Saint Francis U Red Flash Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Flash rank 103rd in blocks per game (3.8) while the Eagles rank 244th (2.6).
- Saint Francis U ranks 154th in assists per game (13.6) while American University ranks 285th (11.2).
- American University ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (16.1) while Saint Francis U ranks 295th (24.8).
- The Red Flash rank 153rd in rebounds per game (36.3) while the Eagles rank 329th (28.8).
- Saint Francis U averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 83rd in the NCAA. American University ranks 232nd in steals allowed per game (6.9).