The George Washington Colonials (3-9) and the American University Eagles (6-4) face off at Charles E. Smith Center. The Colonials look to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
American University Eagles vs. George Washington Colonials Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Colonials lost a tough one against the Stony Brook Seawolves, 77-74, while the Eagles barely escaped the George Mason Patriots, 78-75.
The Eagles had a better turnover percentage (14.0 vs. 16.6) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.515 vs. 0.469). George Washington, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.527 vs. 0.429). Arnaldo Toro played a pivotal role for George Washington with 13 points and 11 rebounds. American University was lifted by Sam Iorio, who had 17 points and 13 rebounds.
Sa’eed Nelson has been solid recently for American University, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. George Washington ranks 292nd in possessions per game (67.7) and American University is 320th (66.7). Moreover, the 23rd-ranked defense of the Eagles (opponents’ effective field goal percentage of 0.442) will go head-to-head against the 304th-ranked offense of the Colonials (effective field goal percentage of 0.472).
American University Eagles at George Washington Colonials Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – George Washington, O/U – Under
- American University ranks 40th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while George Washington ranks 163rd (14.4).
- The Eagles rank 87th in steals per game (6.8) while the Colonials rank 89th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- George Washington allows the 50th-fewest blocks per game (2.8) while American University ranks 52nd (2.9).
- The Eagles rank ninth in three pointers allowed per game (17.6) while the Colonials rank 128th (22.8).
- American University ranks 170th in rebounds per game (35.1) while George Washington ranks 228th (32.3).
- The Colonials’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.6, up from 8.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.0 points per game (3.0 below their season average).