The Bucknell Bison (9-17, 5-8 Pat) and the American University Eagles (13-11, 9-4 Pat) face off at Sojka Pavilion. The Bison look to snap their five-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
American University Eagles at Bucknell Bison Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Bison lost a tough one against the Navy Midshipmen, 60-59, while the Eagles were victorious over the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 81-76.
American University dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.200) and a turnover percentage of 15.6 (better than their season average of 16.1). Loyola Maryland recorded marks of 0.246 and 18.8, respectively, for those same stats. Bucknell, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.560 (above their season average of 0.484). Andrew Funk had a good game for Bucknell, contributing 20 points. Sa’eed Nelson fueled American University with 22 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Mark Gasperini led the Eagles to a 61-60 win. He notched a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. American University had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.6 vs. 21.9). Bucknell, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (17-20; 85.0 percent).
American University at Bucknell Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Bucknell, O/U – Over
- American University averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 59th in the nation. Bucknell ranks 139th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Bison average 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 82nd in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 84th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Eagles rank 13th in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while the Bison rank 30th (18.4).
- American University ranks 250th in rebounds per game (32.7) while Bucknell ranks 255th (32.5).
- The Bison’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (5.5 below their season average).