The American University Eagles (5-8, 1-1 Pat) will be at Christl Arena to square off against the Army West Point Black Knights (5-8, 0-2 Pat) in a Pat matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
American University Eagles at Army West Point Black Knights ATS Odds
In their last game, the Black Knights lost to the Colgate Raiders, 70-65, while the Eagles were victorious over the Boston University Terriers, 67-63.
American University’s 0.538 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Boston University, who had a mark of 0.426. The Eagles’ mark was above their season average of 0.511, while the Terriers’ was below their season average of 0.508. Army West Point, on the other hand, held Colgate to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.5 (below their season average of 25.8). Matt Wilson had a good outing for Army West Point, putting up 18 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Sa’eed Nelson played a pivotal role for American University with 15 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists.
The Eagles dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the last game, American University won 77-66. American University’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Army West Point. The Eagles had a rate of 0.172, while the Black Knights posted a mark of 0.066. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The elite offense of Army West Point (86th in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.526) will face off against the mid-tier defense of American University (266th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.509). The Black Knights figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Additionally, the Eagles, who rank 270th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.5 percent), could have a tough time getting second chance points against the Black Knights, who rank 45th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.9 percent).
American University vs. Army West Point Betting Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Army West Point, ATS Winner – Army West Point, O/U – Under
- American University ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (16.6) while Army West Point ranks 261st (27.7).
- The Black Knights rank 157th in rebounds per game (35.8) while the Eagles rank 249th (32.9).
- The Black Knights rank 27th in assists per game (16.7) while the Eagles rank 174th (12.4).
- American University ranks 85th in steals per game (7.2) while Army West Point ranks 179th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 2.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Black Knights have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (0.5 above their season average).