The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (2-5) will be at home in William P Hytche Athletic Center when they square off against the American University Eagles (2-4). Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
American University Eagles at Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Betting Preview
In the Eagles last outing, they were beaten by the Saint Francis U Red Flash, 100-89. Sa’eed Nelson put together a solid performance for American University, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Saint Francis U had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.0 (above their season average of 27.8). American University, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.9 vs. 16.9).
The Hawks are trying to rebound after their 83-44 loss to the Old Dominion Monarchs in their last contest. Miryne Thomas was the top scorer from either team with 15 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Old Dominion out-rebounded Maryland Eastern Shore. The Monarchs had 17 offensive rebounds and 56 total rebounds, while the Hawks had seven and 32, respectively.
The Eagles won the lone game against the Hawks last season, 61-58. The Eagles dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.326 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.547. The Hawks had marks of 0.255 and 0.441, respectively, for those same stats.
American University Eagles at Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – American University, ATS Winner – American University, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 139th in assists allowed per game (12.9) while the Hawks rank 281st (15.3).
- American University ranks 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 155th (3.5).
- American University ranks 99th in rebounds allowed per game (34.0) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 310th (39.4).
- The Eagles rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (16.3) while the Hawks rank 206th (22.1).
- Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 90th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while American University ranks 236th (7.0).