Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the American University Eagles (1-0) head to Northwestern to play the Wildcats (1-0). The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2018.
American University Eagles vs. Northwestern Wildcats Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Wildcats had no trouble getting past the New Orleans Privateers 82-52, while the Eagles edged the George Mason Patriots 78-75.
The Eagles had a better turnover percentage (14.0 vs. 16.6) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.515 vs. 0.469). The Wildcats, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.2 vs. 20.4) and had a much better free throw rate (0.350 vs. 0.204). Northwestern was led by Vic Law, who contributed 18 points, six rebounds and five assists. Sam Iorio, meanwhile had a solid performance for American University, finishing with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Northwestern ranks 331st in possessions per game (65.7) and American University is 302nd (67.0) since last season.
American University Eagles vs. Northwestern Wildcats Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Northwestern, ATS Winner – Northwestern, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- American University ranks 41st in steals per game (7.4) while Northwestern ranks 252nd (4.9).
- The Wildcats rank 265th in rebounds per game (33.3) while the Eagles rank 320th (29.3).
- American University is 12th in the country with 17.3 three pointers allowed per game while Northwestern is 47th with 19.6 three pointers allowed per game.
- The Wildcats rank 127th in assists per game (14.1) while the Eagles rank 254th (12.2).
- Northwestern ranks 51st in blocks per game (4.3) while American University ranks 175th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).