The Alcorn State Braves (0-3) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they clash against the No. 25 Baylor Bears (2-0) at Ferrell Center. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Alcorn State Braves vs. Baylor Bears Betting Preview
The Braves were blown out by the UNI Panthers in their last matchup, 73-45. With 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting, A.J. Mosby led Alcorn State in scoring. UNI had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.4 vs. 7.5). Alcorn State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 18.4).
In the Bears last matchup, they blew out the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders, 70-46. Baylor received a boost from Terry Maston, who recorded 12 points and 10 rebounds. Baylor dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.283 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0. For those same stats, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was 0.017 and 27.8, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Baylor figures to have a significant edge. Dating back to last season, the Bears defense ranks 24th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.459), while the Alcorn State offense ranks 294th in effective field goal percentage (0.480). Also, the Braves rank 300th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.213), while the Bears rank 52nd in opponents FTA rate (0.206).
Alcorn State Braves vs. Baylor Bears Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Braves rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Bears rank 162nd (3.5).
- Alcorn State ranks 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while Baylor ranks 269th (18.3).
- Baylor ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (28.9) while Alcorn State ranks 245th (37.2).
- The Bears rank 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Braves rank 236th (7.0).
- Baylor ranks 36th in assists per game (15.9) while Alcorn State ranks 206th (12.9).