The Alcorn State Braves (12-13, 8-6 SWAC) will be at the Dunn-Oliver Acadome to take on the Alabama State Hornets (8-18, 7-6 SWAC) in a SWAC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Alcorn State Braves vs. Alabama State Hornets ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Hornets fell to the Southern University Jaguars, 56-44, while the Braves were defeated by the Alabama A&M Bulldogs, 71-61.
Alcorn State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.473 vs. 0.481) while Alabama State did a great job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent). Alabama State was lifted by Brandon Battle, who finished with eight points and 13 rebounds. Deshaw Andrews played a pivotal role for Alcorn State with 17 points.
In their first matchup this season, Andrews led the Braves to a 63-60 victory. He put up 17 points and nine rebounds. Alcorn State had a much better turnover percentage (10.7 vs. 18.6). Alabama State, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.539 vs. 0.460).
This game should be a showdown of opposite styles. Alcorn State has preferred to play quickly (38th in possessions per game), while Alabama State has been more half-court-oriented (156th in possessions per game).
Alcorn State Braves at Alabama State Hornets Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Alabama State, ATS Winner – Alabama State, O/U – Over
- Alcorn State ranks 70th in rebounds per game (37.8) while Alabama State ranks 281st (32.0).
- The Braves rank 128th in blocks per game (3.1) while the Hornets rank 230th (1.9).
- Alcorn State averages 25.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 58th in the nation. Alabama State ranks 77th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8).
- The Braves average 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 26th in the nation. The Hornets rank 194th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Alcorn State ranks 101st in assists per game (13.7) while Alabama State ranks 266th (9.8).
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 58.4 points per game (12.4 below their season average).
- The Braves have been outscored by an average of 7.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Alcorn State has defeated opponents by an average of 2.3 points.