The Alcorn State Braves (2-7) will try to snap the six-game winning streak of Iowa State when they travel to James H. Hilton Coliseum to clash against the Cyclones (6-2). Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
Alcorn State Braves at Iowa State Cyclones ATS Preview
The last time the Braves played, they won big over the Rust College Bearcats, 89-50. With 20 points and 13 rebounds, Yalen Reed had a good game for Alcorn State. Alcorn State played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.643 (above their season average of 0.462) and a turnover percentage of 18.4 (worse than their season average of 17.7). Rust College recorded marks of 0.396 and 22.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The Cyclones will look to keep it rolling after beating the Iowa Hawkeyes in their last outing, 84-78. Iowa State rallied around Nick Weiler-Babb, who recorded 15 points, 10 assists and six rebounds. Iowa State played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.231 (above their season average of 0.223) and a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 14.7). For those same stats, Iowa was 0.014 and 18.8, respectively.
The high-powered offense of Iowa State will battle against the mid-tier defense of Alcorn State. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Cyclones rank 58th in offensive efficiency, while the Braves are 174th in defensive efficiency. The Cyclones figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. Furthermore, the Braves rank 282nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.211), while the Cyclones rank 30th in opponents FTA rate (0.179).
Alcorn State Braves vs. Iowa State Cyclones Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alcorn State, ATS Winner – Alcorn State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Braves rank 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Cyclones rank 110th (3.4).
- Alcorn State averages 22.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 136th in the NCAA. Iowa State ranks 186th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- Alcorn State ranks 81st in rebounds per game (37.8) while Iowa State ranks 239th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Cyclones rank 27th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Braves rank 167th (6.8).
- Iowa State averages 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 62nd in the nation. Alcorn State ranks 158th in assists allowed per game (14.0).