The Creighton Bluejays (1-0) will be at home in CenturyLink Center Omaha when they clash against the Alcorn State Braves (0-1). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Alcorn State Braves at Creighton Bluejays Odds Preview
In the Braves’ last matchup, they lost big to the LSU Tigers, 99-59. A.J. Mosby put together a good game for Alcorn State, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 7-for-13 shooting. LSU’s 9.1 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Alcorn State, who had a rate of 19.8.
The Bluejays come in on a high note after defeating the Yale Bulldogs in their last matchup, 92-76. Creighton’s Khyri Thomas played well, putting up 22 points. Creighton played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.647 and a turnover percentage of 13.2. Yale had marks of 0.515 and 15.6, respectively, for those same stats.
This battle pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defensesDating back to the 2016-17 season, Creighton ranks third in effective field goal percentage (0.578), while Alcorn State is 55th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.475). Also, the Braves rank 294th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.212), while the Bluejays rank 30th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.196).
Alcorn State Braves at Creighton Bluejays Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alcorn State, ATS Winner – Alcorn State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bluejays rank 153rd in steals per game (6.1) while the Braves rank 247th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Alcorn State ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Creighton ranks 58th (2.9).
- Alcorn State ranks 40th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while Creighton ranks 239th (22.6).
- The Bluejays rank ninth in assists per game (17.2) while the Braves rank 188th (13.1).
- Alcorn State averages 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 45th in the nation. Creighton ranks 200th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).