The Alcorn State Braves (12-12, 8-5 SWAC) will be at Elmore Gymnasium to take on the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (6-17, 3-9 SWAC) in a SWAC matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Alcorn State Braves at Alabama A&M Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last game, the Bulldogs lost a close one to the Alabama State Hornets, 61-58, while the Braves defeated the UAPB Golden Lions, 60-52.
Alcorn State played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.269 (above their season average of 0.213) and a turnover percentage of 18.7 (worse than their season average of 16.7). UAPB was 0.125 and 22.3, respectively, for those same stats. Alabama A&M, on the other hand, held Alabama State to an effective field goal percentage of 0.378 (below their season average of 0.457). Cameron Alford played well for Alabama A&M with 13 points and nine rebounds. Alcorn State was led by Deshaw Andrews, who finished with 17 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Maurice Howard led the Braves to a 59-58 win. He scored a game-high 19 points. Converting at the free throw line was one of Alcorn State’s largest advantages. They were 12-13 (92.3 percent), while the Bulldogs were just 4-5 (80.0 percent).
Opposite tempos will be on display in this battle. Alcorn State prefers a fast-breaking style of play (36th in possessions per game), while Alabama A&M is more half-court-oriented (173rd in possessions per game).
Alcorn State Braves vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Alcorn State, ATS Winner – Alcorn State, O/U – Under
- Alcorn State ranks 59th in rebounds per game (38.2) while Alabama A&M ranks 281st in rebounds allowed per game (39.1).
- The Braves rank 109th in blocks per game (3.2) while the Bulldogs rank 169th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Alcorn State ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Alabama A&M ranks 108th in three pointers allowed per game (20.7).
- The Braves rank 100th in assists per game (13.9) while the Bulldogs rank 249th (11.0).
- Alcorn State ranks 24th in steals per game (8.5) while Alabama A&M ranks 156th (6.0).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 9.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (9.3 above their season average).