AmEast foes will collide when the UMBC Retrievers (18-9, 9-3 AmEast) meet the Albany Great Danes (20-8, 8-5 AmEast) at Retriever Activities Center. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 18, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Albany Great Danes at UMBC Retrievers ATS Preview
The last time the Great Danes played, they defeated the Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks, 91-81. David Nichols was the games high scorer with 25 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Albany dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.228 (below their season average of 0.283) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.6 (above their season average of 34.2). For those same stats, Massachusetts-Lowell had marks of 0.133 and 28.1, respectively.
The Retrievers will look to keep it rolling after defeating the New Hampshire Wildcats in their last contest, 68-59. With 18 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Jairus Lyles was the top scorer from either team. The Retrievers had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.364 (above their season average of 0.197) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.591 (above their season average of 0.532).
UMBC could have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this contest. The Retrievers rank 299th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.202, while Albany ranks 51st in FTA rate allowed (0.196).
These teams have already met once this season. The Great Danes won 83-39. The Great Danes played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.140 and an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.658. The Retrievers were 0.056 and 0.333, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Travis Charles led all scorers with 21 points.
Albany Great Danes vs. UMBC Retrievers Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
- The Retrievers average 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 57th in the NCAA. The Great Danes rank 128th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- UMBC ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while Albany ranks 305th (15.2).
- The Retrievers rank 41st in steals per game (7.5) while the Great Danes rank 238th (4.5).
- Albany ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (30.1) while UMBC ranks 199th (36.1).
- The Retrievers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (0.3 below their season average).