AmEast foes will collide when the Hartford Hawks (14-10, 7-3 AmEast) take on the Albany Great Danes (18-8, 6-5 AmEast) at Chase Family Arena. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Albany Great Danes at Hartford Hawks Free Preview
The last time the Great Danes played, they were beaten by the Vermont Catamounts, 72-67. Albany’s Joe Cremo recorded 16 points, nine assists and five rebounds in the game. Vermont did an excellent job of making free throws (20-20; 100.0 percent). Albany, meanwhile, held the Catamounts to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 27.5).
The Hawks will look to maintain momentum after topping the Stony Brook Seawolves in their last outing, 73-64. Hartford received a boost from John Carroll, who recorded 12 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. The Hawks had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.340 (above their season average of 0.191) and held the Seawolves to an effective field goal percentage of 0.384 (below their season average of 0.499).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nations slowest-paced teams clash. Hartford ranks 265th in possessions per game (67.8) and Albany is 312th (66.4).
These teams have already met once this season. The Hawks won 72-64. One of Hartford’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 13-13 (100.0 percent), while the Great Danes were 10-14 (71.4 percent). In the loss, Cremo led all scorers on the team with 23 points.
Albany Great Danes at Hartford Hawks Odds Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Over
- The Great Danes rank 36th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Hawks rank 128th (6.3).
- Hartford ranks 67th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while Albany ranks 301st (15.1).
- The Great Danes rank 98th in rebounds per game (36.7) while the Hawks rank 230th (33.6).
- Hartford averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 67th in the nation. Albany ranks 172nd in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Hawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.2 points per game (8.8 below their season average).