The Albany Great Danes (4-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they go head-to-head with the Dartmouth Big Green (1-1) at Edward Leede Arena. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Albany Great Danes vs. Dartmouth Big Green Betting Preview
The Great Danes had no trouble getting past the SUNY-Oneonta Red Dragons in their last matchup, 102-77. David Nichols was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Albany dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 15.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.6 (above their season average of 41.7). SUNY-Oneonta recorded marks of 16.8 and 22.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Big Green played, they dismantled the Emerson Lions, 78-43. With 16 points on 7-for-8 shooting, Chris Knight was Dartmouths leading scorer. Dartmouth dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.236 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.591. For those same stats, Emerson was 0.052 and 0.345, respectively.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAAs slowest-paced teams clash. Dartmouth ranks 260th in possessions per game (68.0) and Albany is 332nd (65.2) since the 2016-17 season. Also, the Great Danes 57th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 111.5) will try to take advantage of the Big Greens 287th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 108.6).
Albany Great Danes at Dartmouth Big Green Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Dartmouth, ATS Winner – Dartmouth, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Great Danes rank 218th in assists per game (12.7) while the Big Green rank 261st (11.8).
- Dartmouth ranks 258th in steals per game (4.9) while Albany ranks 262nd (4.8).
- Dartmouth ranks 171st in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while Albany ranks 326th (14.6).
- The Great Danes rank 123rd in rebounds per game (36.7) while the Big Green rank 255th (34.1).
- Dartmouth averages 2.0 blocks per game, which ranks 279th in the nation. Albany ranks 229th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).