The Albany Great Danes (14-14, 7-6 AmEast) will be at the Tsongas Center to square off with the UMass Lowell River Hawks (11-17, 5-8 AmEast) in an AmEast matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Albany Great Danes vs. UMass Lowell River Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The River Hawks lost a close one to the Binghamton Bearcats, 86-84, while the Great Danes fell to the New Hampshire Wildcats, 68-56.
Albany did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (19-27; 70.4 percent) while UMass Lowell had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 27.9). Josh Gantz had a good performance for UMass Lowell with 23 points. Meanwhile, Ahmad Clark played well for Albany, finishing with 24 points.
In their first matchup this season, Cameron Healy led the Great Danes to a 101-75 win. He scored a game-high 41 points. Albany’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Great Danes had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (27 vs. 18) and total rebounds (38 vs. 24).
It could be a tough game for UMass Lowell on the offensive glass. The River Hawks rank 187th in offensive rebounding percentage (28.2 percent), while Albany ranks 82nd in defensive rebounding percentage (74.3 percent).
Albany Great Danes vs. UMass Lowell River Hawks Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UMass Lowell, ATS Winner – UMass Lowell, O/U – Under
- UMass Lowell averages 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 77th in the country. Albany ranks 211th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- The Great Danes rank 156th in rebounds per game (35.3) while the River Hawks rank 182nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- The River Hawks average 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 46th in the NCAA. The Great Danes rank 158th in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- Albany averages 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 83rd in the nation. UMass Lowell ranks 173rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.2).
- During their last five games, the River Hawks have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (5.4 below their season average).
- The Great Danes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.6, up from 0.5 for the season.