The Prairie View A&M Panthers (16-11, 12-2 SWAC) and the Alabama State Hornets (8-19, 7-7 SWAC) square off at William Nicks Center. The Panthers will try to prolong their six-game winning streak. The game begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Alabama State Hornets at Prairie View A&M Panthers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Panthers won big over the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils, 88-69, while the Hornets lost a close one to the Alcorn State Braves, 80-77.
The Panthers had a great turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 18.0) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.568 (above their season average of 0.478). Alabama State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 13.9 (better than their season average of 20.0). Prairie View A&M’s Gerard Andrus led the way, contributing 24 points and 15 rebounds. Tobi Ewuosho, meanwhile played a key role for Alabama State with 15 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Brandon Battle led the Hornets to a 52-49 victory. He produced 14 points and seven rebounds. Alabama State’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Prairie View A&M. The Hornets had a rate of 0.176, while the Panthers posted a mark of 0.102.
The aggressive Prairie View A&M offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Panthers currently rank 26th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.283, while Alabama State ranks 212th in FTA rate allowed (0.233). Furthermore, the 351st-ranked offense of the Hornets (offensive efficiency of 88.2) will face a difficult test against the 54th-ranked defense of the Panthers (defensive efficiency of 94.8).
Alabama State at Prairie View A&M Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Prairie View A&M, ATS Winner – Prairie View A&M, O/U – Under
- Prairie View A&M ranks 88th in assists per game (13.9) while Alabama State ranks 269th (9.9).
- The Panthers rank 253rd in rebounds per game (32.7) while the Hornets rank 262nd (32.1).
- The Panthers average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks 19th in the country. The Hornets rank 195th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Alabama State ranks 179th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while Prairie View A&M ranks 308th (15.3).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (7.8 below their season average).