The Alabama State Hornets (0-7) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they take on the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (4-2) at Pete Mathews Coliseum. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 30, 2017.
Alabama State Hornets at Jacksonville State Gamecocks ATS Preview
In the Hornets last matchup, they got blown out by the No. 11 Cincinnati Bearcats, 83-51. With 10 points on 5-for-6 shooting, Branden Johnson led Alabama State in scoring. One of Cincinnatis largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They made 26 trips to the line, while Alabama State went just two times.
The Gamecocks are hoping for a better outcome after their 59-56 loss to the Mississippi State Bulldogs in their last game. Norbertas Giga was the games high scorer with 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Mississippi State had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.6 vs. 28.6). Jacksonville State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (6-6; 100.0 percent).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Jacksonville State figures to have a substantial advantage. Dating back to last season, the Gamecocks offense ranks 66th in that metric at 0.534, while the Alabama State defense ranks 253rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.518).
The Gamecocks won the only contest against the Hornets last season, 72-69. Jacksonville States 0.172 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Alabama State, who had a rate of 0.118.
Alabama State Hornets vs. Jacksonville State Gamecocks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jacksonville State, ATS Winner – Jacksonville State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hornets rank 151st in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while the Gamecocks rank 225th (19.7).
- Jacksonville State averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 80th in the NCAA. Alabama State ranks 113th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Jacksonville State ranks 31st in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while Alabama State ranks 301st (38.7).
- The Gamecocks rank 104th in assists per game (14.5) while the Hornets rank 312th (9.7).
- Jacksonville State ranks 98th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while Alabama State ranks 264th (7.5).