The Houston Cougars will get their season started on their home court when they challenge the Alabama State Hornets (0-2) at Fertitta Center. The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Alabama State Hornets vs. Houston Cougars Betting Odds
The last time the Hornets played, they lost to the Missouri State Bears, 59-50. With 11 points on 4-for-7 shooting, Kevin Holston led Alabama State in scoring. Missouri State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 vs. 17.1). Alabama State, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (11-15; 73.3 percent).
Houston went to the tournament last season following a 29-2 regular season campaign that earned them a three seed in the tournament. They made it to the Sweet 16, where the Kentucky Wildcats defeated them.
On the other side, the Cougars were 29-2 SU and 19-12 ATS last season. The Cougars’ games had a tendency to finish under the projected point total (58.1 percent).
Houston could dominate on defense as they face off against one of the worst offenses in the country. The Cougars rank first in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.425), while Alabama State was 329th in effective field goal percentage (0.465) since last season.
Alabama State vs. Houston Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Houston, ATS Winner – Alabama State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Houston ranks ninth in rebounds per game (40.6) while Alabama State ranks 261st in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- The Cougars rank sixth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Hornets rank 134th (3.3).
- Houston ranks 62nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while Alabama State ranks 74th in three pointers allowed per game (20.5).
- The Cougars rank 65th in assists per game (14.8) while the Hornets rank 304th (10.1).
- Houston ranks 45th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Alabama State ranks 252nd (7.3).