The Alabama State Hornets (2-8) take on the Campbell Fighting Camels (5-6) in the St. Pete Shootout at McArthur Center. Action begins at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Alabama State Hornets vs. Campbell Fighting Camels Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Fighting Camels beat the UNCW Seahawks, 97-93, while the Hornets were blown out by the Iowa State Cyclones, 79-53.
Campbell’s 7.8 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over UNCW, who had a rate of 19.4. Alabama State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.073 vs. 0.075). Chris Clemons played a pivotal role for Campbell with 44 points, eight rebounds and five steals. Reginald Gee, meanwhile had a solid performance for Alabama State, putting up 15 points.
Chris Clemons has really been playing well as of late for Campbell, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Campbell could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their elite offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Fighting Camels currently rank 33rd in effective field goal percentage (0.559), while Alabama State ranks 306th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.540).
Alabama State Hornets vs. Campbell Fighting Camels Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Campbell, O/U – Under
- Campbell averages 27.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. Alabama State ranks 212th in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Fighting Camels rank 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Hornets rank 130th (4.0).
- Alabama State ranks 192nd in rebounds per game (34.4) while Campbell ranks 231st (32.7).
- The Fighting Camels rank 76th in assists per game (15.1) while the Hornets rank 226th (10.6).
- Campbell ranks 32nd in steals per game (8.4) while Alabama State ranks 168th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- During their last five games, the Fighting Camels have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (3.6 above their season average).
- The Hornets have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Alabama State has lost by an average of 11.3 points.