The Boise State Broncos (5-4) welcome the Alabama State Hornets (1-8) to Taco Bell Arena. The Hornets can put an end to an eight-game road losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019.
Alabama State Hornets vs. Boise State Broncos ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Broncos were beaten by the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 69-56, while the Hornets lost big to the Kansas State Wildcats, 86-41.
Alabama State had a better free throw rate (0.091 vs. 0.071) while Boise State had a much better free throw rate (0.240 vs. 0.085). Boise State’s RJ Williams had a good outing, finishing with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Alabama State received a boost from Tobi Ewuosho, who finished with nine points and nine rebounds.
The Broncos won the only game between these two teams last season, 67-57. Boise State’s 0.306 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Alabama State, who had a rate of 0.068.
It will be a showdown of opposite styles as the fast-paced Broncos will look to push the more half-court-oriented Hornets. Since the 2018-19 season, the Broncos rank 38th in possessions per game while the Hornets are 178th. Furthermore, put-back points figure to be tough to come by for the Hornets. They rank 332nd in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 29.7 percent, while the Broncos have been 16th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 76.2 percent).
Alabama State vs. Boise State ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Boise State, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Boise State ranks 103rd in assists per game (12.4) while Alabama State ranks 252nd (9.7).
- The Broncos rank 18th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while the Hornets rank 80th (20.6).
- Boise State averages 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 137th in the nation. Alabama State ranks 179th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Broncos rank 26th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Hornets rank 153rd (3.5).
- Boise State ranks 172nd in rebounds per game (31.7) while Alabama State ranks 267th (33.9).