The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (2-0) will be at home in Frost Arena when they clash with the Alabama State Hornets (0-2). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Alabama State Hornets at South Dakota State Jackrabbits ATS Preview
In the Hornets last game, they were blown out by the Iowa Hawkeyes, 92-58. Alabama States Tobi Ewuosho contributed 13 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. One of Iowas biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 33 free throw attempts, while Alabama State had just 11.
The Jackrabbits will look to maintain momentum after dismantling the University of Mary Marauders in their last matchup, 78-54. With 22 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Mike Daum was the top scorer from either team. South Dakota State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500. University of Mary was 20.5 and 0.321, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive South Dakota State offense might be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this meeting. Dating back to last season, the Jackrabbits rank 12th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.313, while Alabama State has been among the NCAAs most foul-prone squads (giving up a 300th-ranked FTA rate of 0.288).
Alabama State Hornets vs. South Dakota State Jackrabbits Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alabama State, ATS Winner – Alabama State, O/U – Over
etting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hornets rank 159th in blocks per game (3.2) while the Jackrabbits rank 226th (2.5).
- South Dakota State ranks 191st in steals allowed per game (6.5) while Alabama State ranks 253rd (7.5).
- Alabama State ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while South Dakota State ranks 319th (27.8).
- The Jackrabbits rank 132nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Hornets rank 295th (38.6).
- South Dakota State ranks 183rd in assists per game (13.2) while Alabama State ranks 307th (9.6).