The Alabama State Hornets (0-4) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first win when they square off against the Chattanooga Mocs (1-2) at McKenzie Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Alabama State Hornets at Chattanooga Mocs Betting Preview
The Hornets were blown out by the Oregon Ducks in their last matchup, 114-56. With 15 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Reginald Gee led Alabama State in scoring. Oregon won the rebounding battle. The Ducks had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. six), defensive rebounds (34 vs. 14) and total rebounds (46 vs. 20).
In the Mocs last game, they thoroughly outplayed the Hiwassee College Tigers, 94-46. With 20 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Makinde London was the games leading scorer. Chattanooga played a flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.327 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.691. For those same stats, Hiwassee College was 0.130 and 0.361, respectively.
The elite offense of Chattanooga will clash against the mid-tier defense of Alabama State. Dating back to last season, the Mocs offense ranks 73rd in effective field goal percentage (0.532), while the Alabama State defense ranks 228th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.514). The Mocs figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Ball security could be troublesome for the Hornets. They rank 338th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 22.2 percent), while the Mocs have forced the 30th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents turnover percentage of 21.8 percent).
Alabama State Hornets at Chattanooga Mocs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alabama State, ATS Winner – Alabama State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mocs allow the ninth-fewest three pointers per game (16.6) while the Hornets rank 58th (19.3).
- Chattanooga ranks 55th in blocks per game (4.4) while Alabama State ranks 103rd in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Chattanooga ranks 41st in steals per game (7.4) while Alabama State ranks 258th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Hornets rank 82nd in rebounds per game (37.6) while the Mocs rank 288th (32.5).
- Chattanooga ranks 234th in assists per game (12.4) while Alabama State ranks 323rd (9.7).