A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Mississippi State Bulldogs (17-10, 8-6 SEC) when they welcome the Alabama Crimson Tide (15-12, 7-7 SEC) to Humphrey Coliseum. The game will air on SEC Network at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Alabama Crimson Tide at Mississippi State Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs lost to the Texas A&M Aggies, 87-75, while the Crimson Tide won big over the Ole Miss Rebels, 103-78.
Alabama played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 17.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1 (above their season average of 29.1). Ole Miss had marks of 26.0 and 25.9, respectively, for those same stats. Mississippi State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.2 (above their season average of 37.5). Mississippi State received a boost from Reggie Perry, who finished with 14 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Kira Lewis Jr. had a good game for Alabama, finishing with 17 points and 11 assists.
In their first matchup this year, John Petty Jr. led the Crimson Tide to a 90-69 win. He recorded 18 points and six rebounds. Getting to the free throw line was one of Alabama’s largest strengths. They made 34 trips to the line, while Mississippi State went 21 times.
Mississippi State could dominate the offensive glass in this contest. The Bulldogs are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking fourth in offensive rebounding percentage at 37.7 percent. Meanwhile, Alabama ranks 293rd in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.4 percent. This game should be a battle of opposite tempos. The fast-breaking Crimson Tide rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bulldogs rank 278th.
Alabama Crimson Tide at Mississippi State Bulldogs Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Mississippi State, ATS Winner – Mississippi State, O/U – Under
- Alabama ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (31.1) while Mississippi State ranks 306th (15.9).
- The Crimson Tide rank 45th in assists per game (14.7) while the Bulldogs rank 120th (13.4).
- Alabama averages 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 131st in the country. Mississippi State ranks 180th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (29.9) while the Crimson Tide rank 274th (40.0).
- Mississippi State averages 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 21st in the nation. Alabama ranks 164th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Mississippi State has defeated opponents by an average of 5.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 91.0 points per game (7.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 86.2 points per game (7.4 above their season average).