SEC foes will clash when the LSU Tigers (11-4, 2-1 SEC) meet the Alabama Crimson Tide (10-6, 2-2 SEC) at Pete Maravich Assembly Center. LSU opened as a 4-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149 points. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. LSU Tigers Odds Preview
In the Crimson Tide’s last outing, they beat the South Carolina Gamecocks, 76-62. With 13 points and seven rebounds, Alabama’s Donta Hall played well. The Crimson Tide, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.517, had an extraordinary mark of 0.657 and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.6 (above their season average of 27.8).
The Tigers hope to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the Arkansas Razorbacks in their last outing, 75-54. LSU was lifted by Aaron Epps, who was the teams leading scorer with 13 points on 5-for-7 shooting. LSU played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.564 (below their season average of 0.575) and a turnover percentage of 12.4 (better than their season average of 15.0). For those same stats, Arkansas was 0.368 and 14.3, respectively.
This matchup pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defensesLSU ranks 16th in effective field goal percentage (0.575), while Alabama is 35th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.462).
Both of these teams have typically finished under the O/U total. Alabama games have gone under 57.1 percent of the time, while games involving LSU have finished under 58.3 percent of the time. The Tigers have the superior straight up (SU) record (11-4 vs. 10-6) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (7-3-2 vs. 7-7-1).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Crimson Tide won both contests played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Alabama won 90-72. The Crimson Tide played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.4 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9. The Tigers had marks of 19.1 and 33.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. LSU Tigers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – Alabama, O/U – Under
- The Tigers average 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 52nd in the NCAA. The Crimson Tide rank 86th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- LSU averages 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. Alabama ranks 64th in assists allowed per game (12.0).
- On the road, Alabama is 4-4 ATS with 5 overs and 3 unders.
- LSU is 3-1-2 ATS at home with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- LSU ranks 47th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while Alabama ranks 190th (36.8).
- The Tigers rank 106th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the Crimson Tide rank 225th (18.9).
- Alabama ranks ninth in blocks per game (6.3) while LSU ranks 92nd (3.6).
- LSU is 3-0-1 ATS with 4 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Alabama is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.2, up from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (9.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.2 points per game (4.9 below their season average).