The Alabama Crimson Tide (14-12, 6-7 SEC) will be at The Pavilion at Ole Miss to square off against the Ole Miss Rebels (13-13, 4-9 SEC) in a SEC matchup. The game can be seen on SEC Network at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Ole Miss Rebels Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Rebels lost a winnable game to the Missouri Tigers, 71-68, while the Crimson Tide lost to the Texas A&M Aggies, 74-68.
Alabama forced Texas A&M into a turnover percentage of 24.1 (above their season average of 18.4) while Ole Miss did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-30; 76.7 percent). Ole Miss’ Breein Tyree had a good outing, contributing 29 points. Alabama rallied around Jaden Shackelford, who had 24 points.
The Crimson Tide dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent contest, Alabama won 62-57. Alabama’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Ole Miss. The Crimson Tide had a rate of 0.153, while the Rebels posted a mark of 0.032. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Crimson Tide’s Kira Lewis Jr. has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 21 points,6.2 assists,2.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Tyree has averaged 26 points,1.6 steals during that same time frame for the Rebels.
The physical Ole Miss offense might be getting to the free throw line a lot in this showdown. The Rebels rank 66th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.265, while Alabama ranks 278th in FTA rate allowed (0.260).
Alabama vs. Ole Miss Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Ole Miss, ATS Winner – Alabama, O/U – Under
- Alabama ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (31.2) while Ole Miss ranks 236th (19.1).
- The Crimson Tide rank 25th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Rebels rank 154th (2.7).
- Alabama ranks 73rd in assists per game (14.3) while Ole Miss ranks 112th in assists allowed per game (12.1).
- The Crimson Tide rank 15th in rebounds per game (40.2) while the Rebels rank 202nd (34.3).
- Ole Miss ranks 70th in steals per game (7.3) while Alabama ranks 220th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 84.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 84.4 points per game (5.6 above their season average).
- The Rebels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 2.2 for the season.