The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (2-26, 2-13 SWAC) will travel to William Nicks Center to meet the Prairie View A&M Panthers (12-17, 9-6 SWAC) in their home finale. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 26, 2018.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs vs. Prairie View A&M Panthers ATS Preview
The Bulldogs lost big to the Texas Southern Tigers in their last matchup, 106-71. Alabama A&M’s Andre Kennedy put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 10-for-13 shooting. Texas Southern’s 6.7 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Alabama A&M, who had a mark of 16.5. The Tigers’ mark was better than their season average of 16.2.
The last time the Panthers played, they topped the Alabama State Hornets, 80-74. Prairie View A&M rallied around Gary Blackston, who had 14 points, eight rebounds and five assists. The Panthers had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.4 (better than their season average of 16.7) and had a free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.252).
Conflicting paces will be on display in this battle. Prairie View A&M has preferred to play quickly (72nd in possessions per game), while Alabama A&M has been slower-paced (255th in possessions per game). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Bulldogs. They rank 351st at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 24.2 percent), while the Panthers force the 13th-most turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 23.1 percent).
Dennis Jones has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Prairie View A&M, averaging 15.4 points, 6.4 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Panthers won 88-67. Prairie View A&M had a much better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 21.8). Alabama A&M, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (23-32; 71.9 percent). Blackston was the game’s top overall scorer with 32 points.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Prairie View A&M Panthers Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Prairie View A&M, ATS Winner – Prairie View A&M, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank 38th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while the Panthers rank 101st (20.7).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 193rd in rebounds per game (34.4) while Alabama A&M ranks 233rd (33.4).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 51st in steals per game (7.3) while Alabama A&M ranks 243rd (3.8).
- The Panthers rank 113th in assists allowed per game (13.0) while the Bulldogs rank 228th (15.1).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 150th in blocks per game (2.9) while Alabama A&M ranks 233rd (1.4).
- The Panthers have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Prairie View A&M has lost by an average of 2.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 59.6 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average).