The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (6-16, 3-8 SWAC) will be at the Dunn-Oliver Acadome to square off with the Alabama State Hornets (7-17, 6-5 SWAC) in a SWAC matchup. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs vs. Alabama State Hornets Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Hornets were victorious over the UAPB Golden Lions, 57-49, while the Bulldogs were beaten by the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils, 67-61.
The Hornets had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.205) and held the Golden Lions to an effective field goal percentage of 0.363 (below their season average of 0.437). Alabama A&M, meanwhile, forced Mississippi Valley State into a turnover percentage of 19.5 (above their season average of 15.7). Alabama State’s Leon Daniels had a solid performance, finishing with 16 points and eight rebounds. Alabama A&M was led by Jalen Johnson, who recorded 14 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Tobi Ewuosho led the Hornets to a 65-56 win. He recorded 14 points and seven rebounds. Alabama State’s 0.218 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Alabama A&M, who had a rate of 0.111.
Alabama A&M at Alabama State Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Alabama State, ATS Winner – Alabama State, O/U – Under
- Alabama A&M ranks 179th in rebounds per game (34.6) while Alabama State ranks 268th (31.7).
- The Bulldogs average 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 135th in the nation. The Hornets rank 184th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Alabama A&M ranks 236th in assists per game (10.9) while Alabama State ranks 249th (10.4).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, down from 10.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 58.0 points per game (14.0 below their season average).