The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (2-13, 0-1 SWAC) welcome the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (2-14, 1-1 SWAC) to Harrison Complex. The Delta Devils look to snap their seven-game losing streak. Action starts at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Delta Devils fell to the UAPB Golden Lions, 64-52, while the Bulldogs beat the Grambling State Tigers, 65-60.
Alabama A&M’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Grambling State. The Bulldogs had a rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.436), while the Tigers posted a mark of 0.352 (below their season average of 0.489). Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, forced UAPB into a turnover percentage of 21.5 (above the 14.1 mark opponents have averaged against Mississippi Valley State this season). Aleksa Koracin played a pivotal role for Mississippi Valley State with 12 points and five rebounds. Alabama A&M received a boost from Andre Kennedy, who contributed 12 points and 10 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Delta Devils won the last contest 77-67. The Delta Devils’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Bulldogs. Mississippi Valley State had a rate of 5.4, while Alabama A&M posted a mark of 16.3. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Getting to the line could be rare for Alabama A&M in this contest. The Bulldogs currently rank 345th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.155, while Mississippi Valley State ranks 93rd in FTA rate allowed (0.206).
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Over
- Alabama A&M ranks 34th in steals per game (8.2) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 128th (5.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 167th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5) while the Delta Devils rank 230th (26.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 166th in assists per game (12.4) while the Delta Devils rank 238th in assists allowed per game (19.3).
- Mississippi Valley State ranks 163rd in rebounds per game (35.3) while Alabama A&M ranks 231st (32.5).
- The Delta Devils’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 20.4, down from 20.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 62.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (7.0 below their season average).