The Akron Zips (18-6, 8-3 MAC) will be at McGuirk Arena to go head-to-head with the Central Michigan Chippewas (13-10, 6-4 MAC) in a MAC matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Akron Zips at Central Michigan Chippewas ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Chippewas lost a tough one against the Eastern Michigan Eagles, 73-70, while the Zips defeated the Bowling Green Falcons, 74-59.
The Zips made 21 of their 27 free throws (77.8 percent) and held the Falcons to an effective field goal percentage of 0.403 (below their season average of 0.488). Central Michigan, on the other hand, forced Eastern Michigan into a turnover percentage of 22.7 (above their season average of 19.3). Central Michigan rallied around David DiLeo, who put up 24 points. Meanwhile, Loren Cristian Jackson had a good outing for Akron, putting up 28 points.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Zips won the last matchup 70-67. Akron did a terrific job of making free throws (17-23; 73.9 percent). Central Michigan, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.460 vs. 0.408). This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
Contrasting styles will be on display in this battle. Central Michigan has preferred to play fast (12th in possessions per game), while Akron has been more methodical (161st in possessions per game).
Akron Zips vs. Central Michigan Chippewas Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Central Michigan, ATS Winner – Central Michigan, O/U – Under
- Central Michigan ranks ninth in steals per game (9.5) while Akron ranks 233rd (4.9).
- The Zips rank 83rd in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Chippewas rank 226th in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- The Zips rank 53rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while the Chippewas rank 250th (24.5).
- Akron ranks 10th in assists allowed per game (9.7) while Central Michigan ranks 187th (14.0).
- The Zips’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 10.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 61.4 points per game (16.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.6 points per game (12.9 below their season average).